Find the job description at http://www.pittsfordpres.org/search
Part-Time Financial Administrator
First Presbyterian Church, Pittsford, New York
The Financial Administrator posts and tracks financial transactions in support of any group with financial activity. This includes internal reporting and consultation, as well as interface with external accounting firm. Please note that this is a part-time position, 18-22 hours per week with flexibility for setting work schedule.
Competencies needed to be successful in this position include: integrity and trust, confidentiality, approachability, organizing, strong financial reporting and analysis skills, and excellent computer skills (MS Excel, MS Access and QuickBooks). The ideal candidate will be able to work independently, demonstrate initiative, explain financial concepts in easy to understand terms, and develop reports beneficial to church committees and Boards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Count and record Sunday collections; make bank deposits.
- Prepare monthly financial statements for the Finance Committee, Trustees, Session, and various Operating and Organization Committees.
- Maintain ledgers for and reconcile bank statements for the Operating, Restricted, Benevolence, Endowment, and Organization accounts. Prepare quarterly reports.
- Prepare for the annual audit and assist during the audit process.
- Work with Treasurer or Assistant Treasurer to prepare monthly reports for Session and Trustees. As needed, discuss decisions involving policy with the Treasurer.
- Prepare annual budget with the Treasurer.
- Pay bills weekly following Disbursement Policy utilizing Quickbooks
- Report bi-weekly payroll to payroll company, post payroll to Quickbooks, and distribute paychecks to employees.
Pledges and Donations
- Support the stewardship campaign; update pledge records; supply reports as needed
- Input contributions into Quickbooks and send quarterly statements to members.
- Facilitate stock donations and online donations.
- Distribute boxes of pledge envelopes annually.
- Record donations to Memorial and Endowment Funds; send thank you letters.
- Provide pledge analysis to Treasurer periodically throughout the year.
- Accurate and timely financial reporting and analysis
- Confidentiality with member contribution information
- Ability to explain financial reports to non-financial members
- Integrity and trust are critical attributes
- Excellent computer skills MS Excel, MS Access and QuickBooks
- Creatively develop reports beneficial to church committees/Boards
- 3+years of accounting/bookkeeping/financial analysis
- Post-Secondary degree in related field a plus.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
Availability Requirements: Average 18-22 hours per week (more at year end/start, less in summer).
Compensation and Accountability:
This is a non-exempt position paid on an hourly basis.
The Financial Administrator works with the Treasurer, Trustee Office and Procedures Committee and is supervised by the Pastor/Head of Staff.
Interested candidates should email cover letter with salary requirements and resume to: email@example.com
To learn more about our Church and program offerings please visit http://www.pittsfordpres.org/