On May 11, Rev. Solomon Allan organizes the Second Congregational Church with 10 members. The earliest services are held in the home of Glover Perrin or at the log meeting house constructed on the Rochester Road opposite the cemetery.
The first church building, a frame building, is constructed one mile south of the village's four corners near today's Mile Post School.
A Greek Revival edifice (60 feet x 40 feet) is constructed of limestone at the present site and known as the Cobblestone Church or the Stone Church. There are 50 pews on the ground floor and seating in the "gallery" on three sides. The church has a melodeon. During the first 50 years the membership of the church is led in worship by neighboring ministers, transient preachers, and 14 installed ministers.
The Stone Church is consumed by fire on November 16. A marble tablet and bell parts are all that remained.
The new enlarged building is dedicated on January 13 with a membership of 129.
The church becomes fully Presbyterian in July. For the first sixty years it had been a Congregational Church connected to the Presbytery.
A pipe organ is secured for the church with Andrew Carnegie contributing half the funds.
Lightning strikes the church building twice in July and September. Membership is less than 300.
In October, Rev. Bortle is called as pastor and served until his death in August 1953.
Renovations include construction of a new Sunday School addition, creation of the rear parking lot, installation of vestibule coat racks, and illumination of the stained glass windows. Membership is 423.
Rev. Richard Kesel is called in February, beginning 34 years of beloved and fruitful leadership. Membership is 521.
In October, a building committee recommends increasing the capacity of the sanctuary. Ultimately a major remodeling is undertaken and a new electric organ manual is added to the pipe organ.
The Guetersloh house is purchased and the first floor converted into offices.
Church membership surpasses 1800. A building committee presents plans for expanding the sanctuary with the reversal of congregational seating, addition of a balcony, and construction of a Fellowship Hall and educational facility. Services are held in Fellowship Hall while the sanctuary is remodeled.
Harold McAulliffe begins his 21 year career as Music Director.
Rev. Earl Johnson is called as Pastor in June. He serves until October 1998.
Major renovation incorporates 21 Church Street as a wing of the church and a new library is added.
Rev. Bruce Boak is called as Pastor.
Rev. Carrie Mitchell is called as Associate Pastor.
Dr. James Douthit begins as Music Director.
Lightning strikes the church on May 20 and the sanctuary is consumed by fire.
The congregation moves back into the newly rebuilt sanctuary in December, with the dedication on January 29, 2006.
The Taylor and Boody Tannenburg style pipe organ is installed and dedicated in June.
The church celebrates its 200th anniversary.