Part-Time Financial Administrator
First Presbyterian Church, Pittsford, New York
PURPOSE: The Financial Administrator records and reports financial transactions in support of any group with financial activity, including the Pastor(s), Treasurer(s), Trustees, Session, Organizations, and Stewardship. This includes internal reporting and consultation, as well as interface with external accounting firm.
SUPERVISOR: Pastor/Head of Staff
ACCOUNTABILITY: The Financial Administrator is accountable to the Pastor/Head of Staff and the Treasurer
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. FINANCIAL RECORDS
- Count and record Sunday collections; make bank deposits.
- Ensure all vendor payments and staff and volunteer reimbursements are made in a timely manner and in accordance with Church polices.
- Prepare monthly financial statements for the Finance Committee, Trustees, Session, and various Operating and Organization Committees. Prepare monthly reports for Session and Trustees for the Church Treasurer. Provide variance analysis as requested/needed.
- Maintain financial records for and reconcile bank statements for the Operating, Restricted, Benevolence, Endowment, and Organization accounts.
- Monitor endowment and restricted fund investments and record all transactions in accounting and member management software. Prepare restricted and endowment quarterly reports.
- Prepare for the annual audit and assist during the audit process.
- As needed, discuss decisions involving policy with the Treasurer.
- Prepare annual budget with the Treasurer.
- Pay bills weekly following Disbursement Policy utilizing accounting and member management software.
- Prepare or process all tax, direct deposit and I-9 forms for new employees.
- Report bi-weekly payroll to payroll company, post payroll to accounting and member management software and distribute paychecks to employees.
- Provide benefit and salary information to Personnel Committee as needed.
- Act as liaison between benefits broker, Presbytery USA and personnel committee.
3. PLEDGES AND DONATIONS
- Support the stewardship campaign; update pledge records; supply reports and analysis as needed,
- Input contributions into accounting and member management software and send quarterly statements to members.
- Facilitate stock donations.
- Record and reconcile on line donations through the Church E-giving software.
- Distribute boxes of pledge envelopes annually.
- Record donations to Memorial and Endowment Funds; send thank you letters.
- Provide pledge analysis to Treasurer periodically throughout the year.
RELATIONSHIP: Special functional support for the FPC Treasurer and Committee participation where appropriate, for example Generosity and Investment Committees.
ANTICIPATED HOURS: Average 18-22 hours per week (more at year end/start, less in summer).
EVALUATION: An annual performance review will be conducted by the Pastor/Head of Staff, Treasurer, and Personnel Committee Representative.
STATUS: approved/adopted by Personnel Committee 2018
Interested candidates should email cover letter with salary requirements and resume to: email@example.com