Part-Time Director of Music/Choir Director
First Presbyterian Church, Pittsford, New York
Founded over two-hundred years ago, First Presbyterian Church of Pittsford exists to tell people about Jesus Christ and support them in their faith journey as they celebrate God’s love and become equipped to serve others in Jesus’ name. We are a caring community of 860 members, growing spiritually as disciples of Jesus Christ. Together we spread the good news of Jesus through worship, fellowship, education, prayer, and especially mission. Our church is seeking a part-time Director of Music to provide leadership and support for the church's program and mission in the area of musical expression.
The Director of Music will possess a vibrant sense of call which understands music and worship ministry as more than performance, and as a tool for developing and deepening faith. Please note that this is a part-time position, 12-15 hours per week.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Plan and implement a program of choral and instrumental music which supports and enhances worship through performance of traditional hymns
• Direct Wednesday night rehearsals and performances of the adult choir (approx. 30 members)
• Arrange music coverage for the 8:30am service and summer worship schedule (Jul-Aug)
• Coordinate music content with the Leadership team
• Coordinate and collaborate with Pastoral staff , Youth, Worship and Music Committee on worship planning and specific music needs for the calendar year
• Lead, coordinate and supervise the church music staff (Organist, Children’s Music Director, Bell Choir Director)
• Conduct annual reviews of music staff
• Oversee and develop the church’s music library
• Manage repair and maintenance of musical instruments, equipment, etc.
• Oversee hire and use of special musicians
• Schedule, hire and make logistical arrangements for special instrumental performances
• Oversee church music budget
• Recommend needs, policy content and budget items to the Worship and Music Committee
• Attend Committee and other meetings as required
• Bachelors and Masters in Music. A degree in choral conducting is preferred.
• Minimum 5 years Church music leadership experience and programming
• Minimum 5 years music choir directing experience
• Experience managing, motivating and inspiring a team
• Experience managing an annual budget
• Be organized, flexible, and perform administrative tasks required by the position.
• Ability to play piano required
• Experience in planning, organizing, and leading energetic worship.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability and desire to develop positive relationships with staff and church members.
Availability Requirements: Average 12-15 hours per week
Interested candidates should email a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates should also submit video of their leading choir rehearsal and of conducting performance to drop box:
To learn more about our Church and program offerings please visit http://www.pittsfordpres.org/