Presbyterian Women's Circles
The Presbyterian Women of the First Presbyterian Church of Pittsford have a long history in mission, through contributions of time, talents and treasure. Money for these projects comes from the women's annual Penny Pincher Sale (October) and Second Mile Giving.
What is a Circle?
A “circle” is group of women who meet for fellowship, mission, bible study and other interests or activities. Circles meet monthly and are somewhat loosely based on age, but that is not the limited factor in which circle you should join! The EVEning Circle is for our women who need to meet in the evenings, but again anyone can join them. Anthony Circle, for example, helps out at the youth and children’s events, works on mission projects supporting those less mobile and ARC home residents, and usually fellowships over coffee and breakfast. Naomi Circle is a group of friendly “mature” ladies who meet for lunch in the church enjoying fellowship, devotions and a program.
If you have any questions about one of our existing circles or would like to inquire about starting a new circle, please contact the church office, You are welcome to attend any of the meetings and see what goes on in a PW Circle!
Previous Financial Contributions
- ARC House
- Backpack Food Program
- East High Food Cupboard
- ROC SALT
- Cameron Community Ministries
- JASY (Jamaican Advantage through Sports for Youth)
- Pittsford Food Cupboard
- Presbytery-sponsored mission projects
- Sojourner House
- African Girls Can
- Youth Mission Trips
- Judicial Process Commission
Previous Mission Time and Talent Contributions
- ARC House residents
- Cameron Community Ministries Hot Lunch Program
- Cameron Community Clothing House
- Communion Preparation
- Fleece Blankets for Baptisms
- Food collection for Pittsford Food Cupboard and Backpack program
- Hand knitted or crocheted hats, mittens, sweaters, lap robes and prayer shawls
- Needlepoint Maintenance
- RAIHN Meals
- Sanctuary Flowers, weekly and seasonal
- Valentines for Shut-Ins