FINANCIAL ADMINISTRATOR: First Presbyterian Church of Pittsford has an open part-time position for a financial administrator. Duties include recording, tracking and reporting income and expenses for church operations and designated and endowment investments. The financial administrator will also prepare a variety of monthly financial reports for the Church Treasurer, its Board of Trustees and its various committees, and support the Church’s annual audit. Finally, the financial administrator will participate on the Church team that is currently evaluating and will implement a new accounting and/or data management software systems.
Proficiency and experience in accounting and financial reporting using accounting software and database systems is required. The successful applicant will be a good communicator and maintain confidentiality. This is an 18-22 hour per week position with days and times of day flexible.
For more information go to http://www.pittsfordpres.org/jobpostings
Send resumes to Britta Konau, 21 Church Street, Pittsford, NY 14534 or email to email@example.com. Deadline for applications is June 15.
Find the job description at http://www.pittsfordpres.org/search
Part-Time Financial Administrator
First Presbyterian Church, Pittsford, New York
The Financial Administrator posts and tracks financial transactions in support of any group with financial activity. This includes internal reporting and consultation, as well as interface with external accounting firm. Please note that this is a part-time position, 18-22 hours per week with flexibility for setting work schedule.
Competencies needed to be successful in this position include: integrity and trust, confidentiality, approachability, organizing, strong financial reporting and analysis skills, and excellent computer skills (MS Excel, MS Access and QuickBooks). The ideal candidate will be able to work independently, demonstrate initiative, explain financial concepts in easy to understand terms, and develop reports beneficial to church committees and Boards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Count and record Sunday collections; make bank deposits.
- Prepare monthly financial statements for the Finance Committee, Trustees, Session, and various Operating and Organization Committees.
- Maintain ledgers for and reconcile bank statements for the Operating, Restricted, Benevolence, Endowment, and Organization accounts. Prepare quarterly reports.
- Prepare for the annual audit and assist during the audit process.
- Work with Treasurer or Assistant Treasurer to prepare monthly reports for Session and Trustees. As needed, discuss decisions involving policy with the Treasurer.
- Prepare annual budget with the Treasurer.
- Pay bills weekly following Disbursement Policy utilizing Quickbooks
- Report bi-weekly payroll to payroll company, post payroll to Quickbooks, and distribute paychecks to employees.
Pledges and Donations
- Support the stewardship campaign; update pledge records; supply reports as needed
- Input contributions into Quickbooks and send quarterly statements to members.
- Facilitate stock donations and online donations.
- Distribute boxes of pledge envelopes annually.
- Record donations to Memorial and Endowment Funds; send thank you letters.
- Provide pledge analysis to Treasurer periodically throughout the year.
- Accurate and timely financial reporting and analysis
- Confidentiality with member contribution information
- Ability to explain financial reports to non-financial members
- Integrity and trust are critical attributes
- Excellent computer skills MS Excel, MS Access and QuickBooks
- Creatively develop reports beneficial to church committees/Boards
- 3+years of accounting/bookkeeping/financial analysis
- Post-Secondary degree in related field a plus.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
Availability Requirements: Average 18-22 hours per week (more at year end/start, less in summer).
Compensation and Accountability:
This is a non-exempt position paid on an hourly basis.
The Financial Administrator works with the Treasurer, Trustee Office and Procedures Committee and is supervised by the Pastor/Head of Staff.
Interested candidates should email cover letter with salary requirements and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about our Church and program offerings please visit http://www.pittsfordpres.org/
Join Us for the First Congregational Family Portrait in almost 10 Years!
On September 11 we are back to two Sunday services, 8:30 am and 10:00 am. That day, after the second service, we will take the first Congregational Family Portrait since 2007! This is a great opportunity to show our strength in numbers and unity as a community. We will all gather on the church’s front lawn or in the sanctuary, depending on the weather.
We want you all in the picture!
And then we’ll enjoy our annual All Church Picnic, starting at 11:30 am. There will be pony rides, face painting, and a magician. Food and drinks will be provided.
We look forward to seeing you on the 11th!
We're asking for volunteers to be trained for the use of our Philips A.E.D. (Automated electronic Defibrillator). This life-saving device ideally requires training every two years. We have scheduled training on SATURDAY, March 5th, from 9:00 AM—1:00 PM, at Pittsford Volunteer Ambulance, 40 Tobey Road. Attendees will receive an Authorization Card from the American Heart Association and will be better enabled to help revive people at our meetings, at home, or elsewhere. American Heart charges $6 for the card. Please sign up for this valuable training Before February 15. Any group donations will be given to Pittsford Ambulance and to their medics who conduct the course. Please sign up with Doris in the Church office to reserve your place in class!